Unified Capture typical use cases are:
- instant Live to VOD (Catch-up TV)
- providing nPVR on premise or in the cloud
- a verification tool
Unified Capture supports capturing from the following formats: HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), HTTP Live Streamnig (HLS), HTTP Smooth Streaming (HSS) and MPEG-DASH.
An option is provided to use frame-accurate time ranges, offering seamless transition between cuts.
From version 1.8.0 and above, please ensure that your license key is frame accurate enabled if you want to use this feature.
Schematically this looks like the following:
GET origin <-- capture | storage (hds|hls|hss|dash)
Unified Capture can be integrated in existing workflows including Content Management Systems (CMS).
Unified Capture is designed to be used in tandem with Unified Origin:
- Only Unified Origin should be used as a source for Unified Capture.
- Only Unified Origin should be used for playing out captured content.
- When capturing content, software version of Capture and Origin must be identical.
Table of Contents