Unified Capture typical use cases are:
- instant Live to VOD (Catch-up TV)
- providing nPVR on premise or in the cloud
- a verification tool
Unified Capture supports capturing from the following formats: HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), HTTP Live Streamnig (HLS), HTTP Smooth Streaming (HSS) and MPEG-DASH.
An option is provided to use frame-accurate time ranges, offering seamless transition between cuts.
Schematically this looks like the following:
GET origin <-- capture | storage (hds|hls|hss|dash)
Unified Capture can be integrated in existing workflows including Content Management Systems (CMS).
Unified Capture is designed to be used in tandem with Unified Origin:
- Only Unified Origin should be used as a source for Unified Capture.
- Only Unified Origin should be used for playing out captured content.
- When capturing content, software version of Capture and Origin must be identical.
Table of Contents