Unified Remix - VOD2Live¶
Repurpose VOD into virtual live streams
Reduce costs and time-to-market by skipping the need for a live encoder and full broadcast chain setup. Remix VOD2Live, the innovative way to repurpose VOD assets to optimize your live streaming. With minimal upfront investment, increase retention through greater viewer choice and targeted content.
- No live encoder, repurpose VOD assets in a playlist driven workflow without the need for a live encoder
- Works on every device, deliver HLS, MPEG-DASH and Smooth with output being no different from a live encoder
- Live ad replacement, add industry standard SCTE 35 markers for live ad replacement
- Cost-effective, no expensive broadcast chain with live encoders. No viewers equals no running cost
- Capitalize on market trends, Create niche/boutique channels, and live stream pre-recorded concerts and other events
- Unlimited flexibility, create as many channels as you like for every audience with minimal upfront investment
- Cutting edge codecs, Stream in 4K HDR with advanced audio using HEVC, AV1, Dolby Atmos or DTS:X
- Easy to integrate, fits seamlessly into existing Unified Streaming workflows
- Deploy anywhere, bare metal on premises, containerized, or in the cloud
How it Works
Remix VOD2Live makes use of two Unified Streaming products: Unified Remix for preparing the playlist of VOD assets, and Unified Origin for delivering this playlist as a live stream.
The live stream can be configured to start at a specific time and can also be left looping until stopped. Viewers join the stream at the live edge as with a regular live stream. From the perspective of the playout device, there is no difference between a live stream from a live encoder and one generated using Remix VOD2Live.
Table of contents
- Create a looping / rotating playlist for VOD2Live
- Length of playlist
- Live edge within playlist
- Reloading playlist
- Process a VOD2Live playlist with Remix
- Set up a VOD2Live channel with Origin