Let's clarify some terms that are going to be frequently mentioned in this chapter:
- a Plugin is a single python module, part of the Plugins Library.
- the Plugins Library is a collection of plugins, developed by Unified
Streaming, that comes preinstalled with Manifest Edit software package
(look in in the
/usr/share/manifest-editfolder in the supported *nix-based operating systems, or in
C:\Program Files\Unified Streaming\ManifestEditConfon Windows).
- We will provide in this documentation many use cases to illustrate Manifest Edit capabilities. A Use Case is implemented by a specific .yaml Pipeline Configuration File, along with the related plugins.
As a Manifest Edit user, you will need to have a clear picture of which plugins are included in the Library and what kind of manifest edit logic they implement.
The functionalities implemented by plugins in the library are related to specific details of the DASH format. As such, some knowledge of the ISO23009-1 standard is required and this chapter will frequently refer to it.
- UTC Add
- UTC Remove
- Manifest Order
- Supplemental Property Add
- Essential Property Add
- Adaptation Sets Switching
- Service Description Add
- Element Remove